LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My house was broken into and my business claim adjuster

Customer Question

My house was broken into and my business claim adjuster wants to check my financial background and wanta more information on my past claims. Should i give the adjuster those informations?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 15 days ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did they advise and share with you why they want these?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No, she is super rude, and she isnt taking my recorded statement until i provide her with my previous claim info as of when, where, how much... attaching a letter i got from her before she asked me for all this info

Thank you. Based upon the letter, it appears they are questioning certain previously things stated and disclosed and need to verify those representations, which you made. If nothing was every asked or required to be disclosed about your finances, in the past, I would certainly question the relevance and need of that information, unless they are trying to determine if you submitted this claim, since you were in need of money. However, there is nothing wrong with past information about previous claims, so you may want to start by providing that information, if it was already presented, since you know it was accurate and truthful and will support the claim and what happened.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
By California law do i have to provide the adjuster with any of my previous claim info?
And any information requarding my financial?

By law? No. However, if it is not provided and they question the claim and believe there is some motive or intent to defraud, they can deny the claim. If they do that, then you would have to appeal and go after them and even sue, so if you have it and are comfortable providing it, should, so that they are satisfied. The previous claims should not be an issue, if you were already paid on them and there was evidence to support them. However, the financials you could decide to withhold and object to, until they advise you of the relevancy.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 days ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!