Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am a Canadian resident who just installed a 30,000$ Solar

Customer Question

I am a Canadian resident who just installed a 30,000$ Solar powered system in my home in Vermont..Is it possible too claim or sell or trade this credit with others even though I do not do USA income tax returns.....
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Vermont
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unlike some other types of tax credits, solar tax credits are not something that can be sold or traded to others. If you installed the solar system on your property, you are the only one who can claim the credits.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.