Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My wife lawyer tried to take me to family court in August

My wife lawyer tried to take me to family court in August but the prosscer failed to serve me in the proper time now they are trying again do they have to serve me within5 working days again
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, they have to serve you within the proper time still. However, if your wife's attorney goes to court and argues that you are hiding and evading service, he can get permission to serve you by mail and/or publication, which is where they simply mail you the notice and/or publish it in the newspaper and that would be considered valid service at that point.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not hiding I still live at home and where I work is secure no admitted to non employees but do they still have to mail me or publication with in5 days

Thank you for your reply.

I understand you are not hiding, but that does not stop them from claiming you are. Yes, mail or publication still has to give you a minimum five day notice.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks my wife and I have decided to work on marriage but her dad was the one who paid for the lawyer and he wants his money's worth how do I stop him

Thank you for your reply.

You wife needs to stand up to her attorney and tell him to cease. It does not matter her father is paying the lawyer, your wife is still the client and has to tell the lawyer to stop and once she does he has to stop.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you
Thank you for your reply.