Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm an employee here at *************. I was chatting with a

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I'm an employee here at *************. I was chatting with a friend about starting an chemical company LLC. I recently developed a fertilizer thanks to his willingness to team me up with his growers. Problem is, he has a felony for identity theft, forgery and mortgage fraud. Although I will go and, eventually, seek an attorney for legal advice, I was wondering if you had any suggestions as to anyway I could do business with my friend? I'm already running into issues with potential investors and their knowledge of his past. I don't want to kick the guy to the curb and say "Thanks for the connect buddy...BYE!!". Any suggestions? Sincerely, ***** ***** JA: What state is this in? And can you tell me a little more about the charge? Customer: Sorry for the delay. Boss was standing over me :/ It happend in Upland, CA. Here is a link to the article summary: ******************/ JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: I'm sorry I don't understand. In terms of his charge? Yes JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: No, that's it. Ok thanks ;)

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Will your business need any kind of LICENSE? If so, which?