Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a question, Tennessee, No If a person says that they

Customer Question

I have a question
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Tennessee
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No If a person says that they will follow a religion politically is that illegal?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 13 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Can you explain what you mean by "following a religion politically?"
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
just in general. If someone says those words verbatim, would that be a criminal act?
Thank you for your reply.

There is no crime on the books in TN or any other state that makes it a crime to say they will follow a religion politically. In fact, it happens constantly where religious groups involve themselves in politics and insert their religious beliefs into their political actions. There is no criminal offense for that.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it isn't criminal to enact that statement of someone saying they will follow their religion politically?

Thank you for your reply.

No it is not criminal anyone to say they would follow their religion politically.