Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My daughters estranged father died and supposedly sighned

Customer Question

my daughters estranged father died and supposedly sighned his assets over to his brother just before he died. is that legal and binding?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Wi
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure . He died
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: dec 30
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I don't think so
Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

She might be able to challenge this through the courts if there was a lack of capacity/undue influence or fraud involved.Certainly this might be suspicious.She will need her own lawyer in WI where he deceased if she wants to do so.Anytime something like this occurs immediately prior to their death you would argue they lacked proper mental frame and may have been wrongly influenced by others.Often there are pain meds and other ailments that can affect someone and cause them to do things they normally wouldn't do.

She will have to lawyer up and seek to challenge this quickly in order to stop this and seek a better outcome.

I am sorry for her loss of father, hope she will consider a legal contest here to seek a better outcome.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is must appreciated.

Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

I can do unlimited online chat here.Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 20 days ago.

Lawyer referral

https://www.wyomingbar.org/for-the-public/hire-a-lawyer/request-a-referral-online/

If you accept you can ask as many questions as you want and even come back to it later.Thanks.