Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My husband's passport is good until 2022. He has since been

Customer Question

My husband's passport is good until 2022. He has since been treated with chemo so he's lost 40 lbs. and has lost all of his hair. His present passport shows him with a salt & pepper beard and mustache and it doesn't look like him. Will he have trouble getting through TSA checkpoint? He has other ID such as driver's license, credit cards & medicare ins. cards. He really doesn't want to pay another $110 for a new passport.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about your husband's health. No, he should not get into trouble. Plenty of people change their looks (on purpose or not) and if so, they do not have to "update" their US Passport photo. If the photo is a bit different than him, ICE/CBP will simply confirm his fingerprints and there are other ways to confirm identity. It really should not be much of an issue at all.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).