Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

DEFENDENT IN CIVIL LAWSUIT IN FLORIDA FOR DEFAULT OF

Customer Question

I'M A DEFENDENT IN CIVIL LAWSUIT IN FLORIDA FOR DEFAULT OF BUSINESS LOC THAT I PERSONALLY GUARANTEED. AT THIS POINT I AM SUPPOSED TO FILE REVISED ANSWERS AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES BUT I CAN'T AFFORD AN ATTORNEY AND I WOULD JUST LIKE TO STOP THE PROCEEDINGS AND ACCEPT JUDGEMENT. HOW DO I PROCEED TO DO THIS?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: FLORIDA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: INITIAL ANSWERS TO SUIT AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES. PLAINTIFF MOVED TO STRIKE MY AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES...AT THE HEARING SOME DEFENSES WERE STRICKEN WITHOUT PREJUDICE AND OTHERS ALLOWED. THE JUDGE GAVE ME 30 DAYS TO HIRE ATTORNEY AND RESUBMIT ANSWERS AND AFFIRMATIVE DEFENSES....THIS IS DUE TODAY. IN THE MEANTIME PLAINTIFF HAS SENT ME INTERROGITORIES,ADMISSIONS,AND PRODUCTION OF DOCUMENT FORMS TO BE RETURNED TO PLAINTIFF IN ABOUT TWO WEEKS.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Ray replied 13 days ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 13 days ago.

Since you are pro se contact lawyer and tell him that you will sign an agreed judgment for the amount owed if he will email it to you so you can review and sign and then return it to him.This is the simplest way here to resolve this if you want to allow a judgment in this situation.Once everybody signs the judge will too here.Lawyer would be happy to do this and conclude it.

You still retain the right to file Chapter 7 personally if you want to discharge the judgment and wipe it away.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.