Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am wondering if I could have someone review a severance

Customer Question

I am wondering if I could have someone review a severance agreement to see if it prevents me from applying for unemployment benefits and how much a service like that would cost.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: How do we get started?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Montana
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I have not filed for unemployment yet, I received my severance documents yesterday. Date of separation is 12/16/2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: While I don't agree with the termination I am ready to move on from the company and pursue a new career. The main concern that I have is if this severance plan prevents me from applying for unemployment as it will likely not last long enough for me to fully transition to a new job.
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

If you post it here be happy to read and comment.Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've attached it here
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

I can review this and unlimited chat here, I am not yet set up for calls.If you will accept you ask away and I am reading the document.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

This document does not mention UI benefits one way or another, you can ask if they would add here that they would not oppose a claim for UI benefits.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Accept here and ask anything you want.You can even come back to it later on and ask more.Thanks.