Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I got divorced in September 2016. My ex in another state is

Customer Question

I got divorced in September 2016. My ex in another state is sending me emails and has made facebook posts about me. Now they are telling they are going to write to my current partner. This was an abusive relationship in which I never contacted the police. I have now blocked them on email, changed my number
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in florida...they are in AZ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not sure what this person is capable of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What kind of emails did they write? Are they threatening you? Harassing you? If so, how? Please be specific.

2) What kind of Facebook posts are they making? Are they spreading false rumors about you? Etc.