LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I'm driving a work vehicle for a municipality (license

Customer Question

Good day:
I'm driving a work vehicle for a municipality (license suspended due to surcharge) while working offsite and away from the vehicle I get my legs ran over by another work vehicle. The investigation would charge me with a ticket for being a suspended driver. I was not in or driving vehicle. The officers presented the tickets while I was rehab 3 weeks later. (Real time concept?)
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Did the officer advise or share the basis for the citation?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Understood

Did they?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was not an officer, it was the investigative detective.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I apologize... No explanation was given.

Thank you. Based upon what you shared above, it would appear you have a defense to the alleged driving while on a suspended license charge. I say this because the Officer has to place you behind the wheel of a vehicle. If they did not see you behind the wheel of the work vehicle or in actual or physical control of it, it would be hard for the State to prove the charge against you, beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless your co-workers would appear and testify against you, I do not think the State will be able to proceed. The fact that you were run over, does not mean you were driving the vehicle and there is no crime for working on the job site.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks.... Will I receive other responses to my question? I live in NJ. I would love to review the case law in my matter.

Can you share with me what your other question was?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm driving a work vehicle for a municipality (license suspended due to surcharge) while working offsite and away from the vehicle I get my legs ran over by another work vehicle. The investigation would charge me with a ticket for being a suspended driver. I was not in or drivingvehicle. The officers presented the tickets while I was rehab 3 weeks later. (Real time concept?)

Yes, I provided that answer above and you thanked me

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will I receive other responses to my question? I live in NJ. I would love to review the case law in my matter.

Case law is outside the scope of what the site can provide, based upon cost and time. I am happy to answer any follow up questions but that is not something which is provided.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question: at this time there's a warrant issued for a no show to court. I called the clerk in regard to receiving a Release on Recognise (ROR) she explained it would not be granted. She would not choose to grant the ROR. Should I still send the motion to the judge for consideration...or will she block it?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Same matter as above...

The clerk can not make that decision. A motion would need to be filed with the court and the Judge will decide. The Judge is going to likely lift the warrant and reset the court date, if you promise to appear and show good cause as to why the previous court date was missed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!