INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I had a boss that said he can be a very very very bad guy...

Customer Question

I had a boss that said he can be a very very very bad guy... this was in regard to me stating I did not want him billing my physical therapy devices under a different physical therapists license number.. I'm traumatized and I still have to do notes for him for October2016.. I don't want to talk to him.. the office is biased and only knows his dictator ways as he owns the practice of Homecare services.. what should I do
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This was stated via text to me"I can be a very very very bad guy" I have it saved
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

are you asking if you can take action against the company?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess

You can pursue a claim for harassment and a hostile work environment. If based on race, age or nationality, consider an eeoc complaint. If otherwise, consider having a lawyer reach out locally to negotiate a settlement and if needed file a civil lawsuit. Normally handled by employment counsel on contingency or flat fee basis. Findlaw.com and avvo.com are good resources.

Let me know if that is clear.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He owns the company so I can't go thru normal higher ups..
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I shut down communication after I found he didn't change billing practices and still billing under another therapist

I understand. If there are no internal avenues, you may want to have a local lawyer reach out directly on your behalf to negotiate terms, and that shields you from contact with the boss. If that does not work, you reserve your rights to pursue the matter in court.

Kindly let me know if the answer is clear and acceptable.

Please click on a 5 star rating, which is how I get credit by the website. thank you.