Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

When using an adult cam website, does the user have a risk

Customer Question

When using an adult cam website, does the user have a risk if the site states that all models are of legal age - ?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location. What confuses you?
Customer: Travel much so several states - CA among them - what if a model is not 18 but the site says they are 18 and over - would a user be at fault?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

Yes, underage sexual relations with a minor, even on computer, is a strict liability offense and it soes not matter if the site certifies the model is over 18. The user can still be charged if images of underage girls are on the computer.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
That is not the answer to my question
Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

Didn't you ask if the user is at risk for criminal charges if the model is not of legal age?

Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

Are you still with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 14 days ago.

The federal law (U.S. Code 18 Section 2422 and Section 2423) requires knowledge. So a certification by the site would likely be protection enough for that.