Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I was divorced ( 18 years ago) after 32 yrs of marriage. My

Customer Question

I was divorced ( 18 years ago) after 32 yrs of marriage. My ex is living out of the country, but has been using my address as his permanent state side address, all though he has never lived at this address. He has the post office forward his mail. Is this legal or is there something I can do?
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MN
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I've talk to the post office to stop delivering mail addressed to him.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Mail still comes in his daughter's and his name. His adult daughter lives with me but prefers to have no contact with him.
Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 2 months ago.

You may just have to throw his mail away.Since he has not forwarded it you are free to throw it away.Obviously he is not too worried about receiving his mail.They will not let you forward it but you can put not at this address on the letters and put them back in the box.The post office will toss it here for you if you want.

Either way this is the best you can do here to eliminate this problem.I would try writing it on the envelopes here for a bit the postman should then stop delivering them to you .Same for the daughter.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate when we are done it is always much appreciated.