Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

What is the Georgia Law Statute in which it is stated that

Customer Question

What is the Georgia Law Statute in which it is stated that the two-year statute of limitations for a bodily injury suit?
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: yes. notice has been provided to the tortfeasor's insurance carrier and the property damage claim has been settled. I need to know the statute to quote for the BI statute of limitations.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no. Thank you
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

2010 Georgia Code
Title 9 - CIVIL PRACTICE
Chapter 3 - LIMITATIONS OF ACTIONS
E - 2. SPECIFIC PERIODS OF LIMITATION
§ . 9-3-33 -

O.C.G.A. 9-3-33 (2010)
9-3-33. Injuries to the person; injuries to reputation; loss of consortium; exception

Actions for injuries to the person shall be brought within two years after the right of action accrues, except for injuries to the reputation, which shall be brought within one year after the right of action accrues, and except for actions for injuries to the person involving loss of consortium, which shall be brought within four years after the right of action accrues.

HISTORY: Laws 1767, Cobb's 1851 Digest, p. 562; Laws 1805, Cobb's 1851 Digest, p. 564; Ga. L. 1855-56, p. 233, 5; Code 1863, 2992; Code 1868, 3005; Code 1873, 3060; Code 1882, 3060; Civil Code 1895, 3900; Civil Code 1910, 4497; Code 1933, 3-1004; Ga. L. 1964, p. 763, 1.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald