Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I WORKED FOR A COMPANY INWHICH I WAS LET GO BECAUSE OF A

Customer Question

GOODMORNING, MY NAME IS***** FOR A COMPANY INWHICH I WAS LET GO BECAUSE OF A RETALIATION AGAINST ME.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: MISSOURI
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: WELL IT STARTED WHEN I WAS BEING PICKED AT BY OFFICE PERSONEL, I WASNT TREATED FAIRLY AND DISRESPECTED REPEATEDLY. WHEN I COULDNT TAKE IT ANYMORE, I LASHED OUT VERBALLY. I WAS SUSPENDED FOR MY PART BUT NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT THE OFFICE PERSONEL. I MISSED WORK WITH NO PAY. I AM A DRIVER. ONE OF THE OFFICE PERSONEL TOLD ANOTHER DRIVER TO RUN ME OVER WITH THE BUS.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ONE OF THE OFFICE PEOPLES HUSBAND WORKS THERE ALSO A NEW DRIVER. HE HAD AN ACCIDENT INWHICH A BABY WAS INJURED ON THE BUS. IT WAS FOUND AT THAT TIME THE COMPANY HAD NO INSURANCE, THEREFOR, THE CONTRACT WAS VOIDED . THAT LEFT 10 DRIVERS WITHOUT ROUTES. I HAD MORE SENORITY THAN ALL THE OTHER DRIVERS THAT THIS AFFECTED. I WAS THE ONLY DRIVER LET GO WHO DROVE FOR THIS SCHOOL. OTHER OFFICE PERSONELWHO DROVE WAS REASSIGNED TO ANOTHER SCHOOL, INCLUDING THE DRIVER WHO HAD THE ACCIDENT.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ID LIKE TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE OVER THE PHONE
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you have a written contract for employment with this company or were you an at will employee?

You say you were retaliated against, was it based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin that you were not reassigned to a new school route?

We will send you an offer for phone service, but that is a premium fee service and we may be able to address your issues here without the additional fee, that is your choice.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
JUST THE FACT THERE IS A GROUP OF EMPLOYEES THAT ARE TREATED DIFFERENTLY THAN OTHERS BECAUSE OF AFFILIATION.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
NO THANKS ON THE PHONE OFFER

Thank you for your reply.

Affiliation of what? This is the issue you have. In order for you to have a claim, you have to prove you are treated differently based only on your age/race/sex/disability/national origin. If that is not the reason you were not moved to a new school, then as an at will employee you would not have a legal claim against the employer other than filing for unemployment and obtaining unemployment benefits.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHAT IS AN AT WILL EMPLOYEE?
Thank you for your reply.

An at will employee is one who can be hired/fired/demoted/promoted for no reason at all or for any reason not based only on the age/race/sex/disability/national origin of the employee. So the term means it is the employer's choice as to whether they move you to another school or not. Unless you have a written contract that says something differently (or a union contract), you would be deemed an at will employee by state law.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
WHY AM I BEING CHARGED $31.00

Thank you for your reply.

The experts are not employees of the site, all we know is that a customer is charged a deposit (we have no clue how much) and for the expert to receive credit the customer must leave positive feedback for the expert based on the expert answering all of the customer's questions on their issue. Any payment questions must be addressed with customer service as the experts really do not know that arrangement between customer and the website.