How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Attorney2 Your Own Question
Attorney2, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6440
Experience:  29 Years In General Practice,
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Attorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been charged approx. 50.00 per mo for a bank charge

Customer Question

I have been charged approx. 50.00 per mo for a bank charge service by a credit card advocate..the account was closed in 2004...a monthly charged has been leved on my account since then. any merit for a lawsuit..Carl
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: SC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes. I have filed a complaint with the company, SAGE, they have finally closed the account and have offered a settlement of 191.00
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If there is merit for legal action, payment can only be made out of the potential proceedes
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

The problem with these charges is that you can rarely, if ever, get them resolved through the bank. This is a form of predatory lending (fraud) that has been going on for decades. Finally the government at both the State and Federal level has created consumer protection agencies that deal with the banks. lender and all forms of financial fraud. Give me a moment to put together all of the links you will file a complaint with online. They are required to investigate your complaint and rectify the situation. If you can tell me where in SC you are located I can also provide a link for local Attorneys that provide FREE consultations?

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Yes can absolutely file a lawsuit against them as well as file consumer protection complaints. This is a little more a little more serious as this appears to be fraud.

You will file a consumer protection complaint with the State at

The South Carolina Commission of Banking will investigate a complaint at

The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will investigate a complaint at

The United States Treasury/Office of the Comptroller of the Currency at

Please do not hesitate to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I will receive credit for my work I would appreciate it. You do not need to provide a negative rating for a refund.

The site does not credit the Attorneys unless the customer rates our service positively. Thank you for your consideration. Please me know if you were unhappy with my service and I will opt out for another Attorney to assist you.

Thank you for using JA! We appreciate your business.

Expert:  Attorney2 replied 4 months ago.

I will opt out since I have received no responses from you.