socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I've been granted a "request for service on the clerk of the

Customer Question

I've been granted a "request for service on the clerk of the court" in San Diego, Ca and need to know what the next step is.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: This is to complete a quit deed and settle retirement account in a divorce. I've bee
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Sorry, the divorce was final in 2009 in California
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't locate my ex and that is the reason for the request to serve the clerk of the court. Not sure of the process from here, such as requesting an Elisor.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 2 months ago.

I am a member of the State Bar of California, the Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California (San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, Riverside Counties), and the California and National Associations of Realtors. I also have comprehensive knowledge of California family law.

You seem quite knowledgeable about civil procedure. Most attorneys don't even know what an "elisor" is. That said, if you serve a request for orders (RFO: FL-300 form) for orders related to your remaining legal matters and in the RFO you ask that the court instruct the clerk to sign the relevant documents for your ex-spouse, given that s/he cannot be located, the judge will grant the request, and you'll be done with the matter -- assuming of course that everything else is in proper order when you appear at the hearing on the RFO.

If you need more personal attention than can be provided in this public forum, I can send you a premium services offer, so as to provide my contact information, and we can take the discussion offline into a confidential setting. Please let me know if you're interested.

If not, then I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) – otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!