Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I initially filed a notice of claim under $50,000. They had

Customer Question

I initially filed a notice of claim under $50,000. They had 3 good faith attempts to settle this under that amount. They clearly are at fault, admitted it & the facts are on my side, but how do I dispute (possibly through a legal document) that I do not have to stick to the notice of claim price as the fees have now gone over 50,000 & they are trying to make me stick to it?
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you tell the State that your questions pertains to and explain the situation a little more? This is all I see:

"I initially filed a notice of claim under $50,000. They had 3 good faith attempts to settle this under that amount. They clearly are at fault, admitted it & the facts are on my side, but how do I dispute (possibly through a legal document) that I do not have to stick to the notice of claim price as the fees have now gone over 50,000 & they are trying to make me stick to it?"