Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

EXHUSBAND OF 13 YEARS ( FRIENDS ENTIRE TIME ) HAS REACH OUT

Customer Question

EXHUSBAND OF 13 YEARS ( FRIENDS ENTIRE TIME ) HAS REACH OUT TO ME VIA TEXT ME BEING A SOUNDING BOARD FOR PRESENT MARRAIGE GOING SOUTH. WIFE IS AWARE OF TEXT...THREATENING TO SUE ME FOR ALIENATION OF AFFECTION......WHAT???
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: NORTH CAROLINA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HIS REACHING OUT TO ME BEGAN ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO.....SEEMINGLY MORE AND MORE...JUST LOOKING FOR A EAR TO LISTEN....WIFE OVER THE WEEKEND KNOWING OF TEXT IS NOW THREATENING ME...THOUGH IN THOSE TEXT I HAVE SAID NUMEROUS TIMES....WORK IT OUT...FOCUS ON YOUR FAMILY ETC.
Expert:  Barrister replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

She has zero grounds to sue you because you have nothing to do with their marriage breaking down. She could only sue you if you were actually the cause of the breakdown if you were engaging in sexual relations with him and were actively encouraging him to leave an otherwise solid marriage and she can prove it.

.

So she is just mad and blowing off steam and is directing her anger at you rather than at her spouse.

.

You have nothing to worry about here.

.

.

thanks