Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My boy friend has a fed hpld

Customer Question

My boy friend has a fed hpld
Submitted: 1 month ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My husband was arrested and at court he was or now he was never released and now i cant even find him in system but when i call jail they say hes they on a fed hold does feds always pick up
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

******************

Thank you for your question, we can work here without you incurring the extra cost of phone service.

Yes, if your husband has a federal warrant hold on him or an immigration hold, they do always pick up. When they pick up depends on the schedule of the US Marshal, but typically it can be 60 days and if not picked up in 60 days you can get his attorney to file a motion for his release from the federal warrant, which forces the feds to act on the hold or dismiss it.