Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am on parole in Michigan and have restitution to be paid.

Customer Question

Hello, I am on parole in Michigan and have restitution to be paid. I have paid off a large portion, but still owe 6,000.00 and am scheduled to discharge off parole in 30 days. Does the balance go to collections or can my parole be extended?
JA: Since parole regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Michigan
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My payments have been reported
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I wanted to know if it goes to collections or parole extension until paid in full
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Ely replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Very often, parole is extended to allow the Defendant time to pay off the amount. So this is not uncommon. Someone in your situation may wish to ask your PO about this, and the PO can arrange for the parole to be extended as needed.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of THREE OR MORE STARS and then click FINISH to submit that rating, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating (it does not cost anything extra to rate).