Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

Tina. I really need some help. story short. Years ago my old

Customer Question

Hi Tina. I really need some help. Long story short. Years ago my old boyfriend and I were having a "sexy" Skype call and his Skype got hacked and some creep recorded the whole thing. He now keeps making up fb profiles and keeps threatening me to send it out to my current boyfriend and everyone. Every time I block him he creates a new profile. Because i am not sure who he is I don't think I can go to the cops because his true identity is hidden. What do I do :(?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Like right now. Started yesterday. And MA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No because I'm so scared he'll snap and send things. I think he's hacked all my accounts because the first message I got from him was sooo descriptive of my current life
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of? Am I missing anything important?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have proof of the threats from two of the fake accounts this creep made. They had one mutual friend as well. That's who I believe it may be
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 2 months ago.

This is attorney Bill offering assistance today.

From the outset there are a number of violations being committed :

Criminal hacking , assault/physical threats, menacing, telecommunications harassment , stalking and blackmail.

These are all misdemeanor to felony crimes.

Because they are crimes: they needed to be reported to your local law enforcement.

This is how the investigation process begins.

You can also avail of a live call option now.

REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY BEFORE EXITING TODAY

THIS IS HOW I GET A CREDIT

HERE FOR ALL YOUR FOLLOW UPS

Attorney Bill

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Alright Bill so how do I go about this without having anything leaked to anyone?

From what I'm aware they have sophisticated software for tracing these calls by IP address so that they can find the culprit, they can also demand skype and other internet providers release identity information upon a warrant.

When filing the report you can request privacy in relation to certain information.

The investigation won't be about your private calls but in relation to criminal violations.

I will point you to the particular violations of the law before you report if this is your intention.

Best

Attorney Bill