Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I am talking to a guy that is 22 years old and I am 16 years

Customer Question

I am talking to a guy that is 22 years old and I am 16 years old but turning 17 in 1 day and I told him in person and over written text that I am 100% consenting but he is still scared to proceed with the relationship so what are the laws and facts I shouldd know to tell him?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no because I am consenting to it
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we are homosexual
Expert:  Barrister replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you are talking about the laws regarding the age that a person can consent to sexual relations, that is 16 in Ohio. So you are already well over the age for consent. There are no negative legal consequences from a criminal perspective if you and he engage in sexual relations because you are both completely legal as long as it is consensual.

.

If you feel your original question and any related follow ups have been answered, I would very much appreciate a positive rating by clicking on the stars, smiley faces, or numbers on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much