Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

What are the rights of a male who has been costantly

Customer Question

what are the rights of a male who has been costantly harrassed by an exgirlfriend who violates the order of protections?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in Brooklyn,N.Y. She lives in NJ
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: YES. I filed a order of protection, as retaliation she filed one against me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I had t turn myself in, to the detectives in Queens,NY. Also, I just graduated from the corrections officers academy. so, Im on probation for 2 years and this looks awful, I told the job about this and all I want is for this girl to do is leave me and my family alone.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

Did you enforce the order against her when she violated it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
again, as retaliation she keeps filing false allegations against me, where I have to continue turning myself in to the law. Right now she is using the law to harrass me.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Did you get your order through the Family Court or is there an ADA that was involved in the proceeding? Has the state pressed charges against you for any of the complaints you've been called in on?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you still need help. If so, please reply here on this question thread.