Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

My husband fell of ladder at my neighbors house caus he

Customer Question

my husband fell of ladder at my neighbors house caus he asked him to help he shattered his heel fractured lower back but it has been 2 1/2 years and now he has still shoulder arm pain numbness we live in Ohio can we still go after there homeowners ins
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he was taken to hospital by ambulance that day had surgery on his shattere heel he now walks with a limp
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: neighbor never offered his homeowners insurance and has since moved because he was embarrassed he didn't hold the ladder
Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Expert:  Ray replied 5 months ago.

I am going to be honest here please don't shoot the messenger.In Ohio, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases gives an injured person two years from the date of the injury to go to court and file a lawsuit against those responsible for the injury (or the underlying accident). If this is over 2 years old here the homeowners is going to deny the claim at this point as being to old and you cannot sue either.Please don't shoot the messenger here I wish you had taken this to their insurance or sued them earlier.The neighbor had clear liability here for his injuries including medical and pain and suffering.Again I am so sorry I wish this had been sooner.I hate given people bad news like this but no suit or claim after 2 years under Ohio law.

I am so sorry that this happened to him.I appreciate the chance to chat with you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.