LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Initially noticed this set of head lights behind me for at

Customer Question

Initially noticed this set of head lights behind me for at least 10 miles. I was pulled over last night with the charge of crossing over the fog line. But the officer said driving on the shoulder of the road. I do not recall hearing the rumble strip. There is a charge for 128.50. This appears to be a nonsense charge. Wondering if this effects my insurance and points?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: PA
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean? filed? He gave me a citation, white paper.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was just driving home from visiting my family. No drinking. I never drink in my life. My dog in the truck. Someone told me red vehicles are pulled over more often.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. Can you please share with me the code or ordinance which is written on the citation which you were issued?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Section 3309 subsection1
Not used to reading these papers, hope this is what you mean.

Yes, that is what I meant and thank you. Based upon what you are charged under, it does not appear that if convicted, you would be assessed and points, on your license. However, it is a moving violation and could appear on your driving record, which MAY result in an increase in insurance. However, if/since this is your first moving violation, your insurance carrier likely has forgiveness program and are going to be focused on accidents, not situations like this. It does carry a fine of around $100 but you can contest this if you want and have defenses to raise. If you do not believe you committed what was alleged, you can certainly contest it.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!