LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I live in Indiana, I received a letter from an attorney for

Customer Question

I live in Indiana, I received a letter from an attorney for collection of $350 I made 3 payments to pay it in full. The reason I paid was because of course not to be reported on my credit report. I printed my credit report once a month this collection was not on the reports. But 2 days ago he reported it to the 3 credit bureaus. Now that is on my CR my Credit points went down 18 points. He never informed me that after I pay in full he would reported it. How do I get it off.
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: first letter 7/2016, attorney is out of AZ. I live in Indiana. payment were $100 on 08/16/2016, second pmy was 09/22/2016, last pmt 11/10/2016
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not till after December 24,2016
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want this off my Credit Report. I feel that he was failed to let me know that even if I paid in full it would be reported to CB. All his letters states that this was a claim to collect a debt.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good morning. When you pulled your report and saw this, did you dispute or challenge it with the 3 credit bureaus?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to charge me again, for my response?? If not here is my response No not yet. I am want to settle first with the attorneys.

No, there is no additional fee then what you originally agreed upon. If you saw this, you can dispute it and they would have 30 days to respond to it. At the same time, you can contact the attorney and advise that this was settled and agreed to and that you have been complying with the agreed upon payments and they need to contact the 3 companies and remove it. As you shared, if this was not previously on it and being report but is now and you started paying on the debt, it should not have been reported if it was not sent to collections and was being handle by an attorney. It would be an act of bad faith, if they did this, since you did settle and are paying and in compliance but if they refuse to remove it, you could consider going after them and suing.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!