Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Can my husband file for divorce in Missouri if he hasn't

Customer Question

Can my husband file for divorce in Missouri if he hasn't physically loved here
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Missour
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: He has a pending investigation with the US army for sexually assaulting NY 14 year old North caroling I mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know if he can actually file for divorce in Missouri if he has never lived here but we do
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 19 days ago.

I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and my goal is to answer your question and provide you excellent service.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is it possible for him to file?
Expert:  Loren replied 19 days ago.

In order to file for a dissolution of marriage in Missouri, residency requirements must be met for the court to accept the case. If the court discovers it does not have jurisdictional rights to hear the case it will not be accepted or it will eventually be dismissed. To meet jurisdictional requirements one party must be a resident of the state of Missouri, or is a member of the armed services who has been stationed in this state, for ninety (90) days immediately preceding the commencement of the proceeding and thirty days must have elapsed since the filing of the petition before the dissolution of marriage will be granted.

So, if he does not reside in Missouri then he can file if you are a Missouri resident.

Expert:  Loren replied 19 days ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 19 days ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

A bonus is not expected, but is always appreciated.

Thank you!