Bill Attorney
Bill Attorney, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney
94475420

I am approaching 60 years old. Here's my problem. I AM and

Customer Question

I am approaching 60 years old. Here's my problem. I AM and American Citizen just like both of my parents. But I was born in Chihuahua Mexico. I got a Social Security card when I was 16 and started working. My wallet was stolen along with my card in 1984. So all I have is a Mexican birth certificate. How do I get a new SS card?
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I was not registered at any consulate in mexico
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No, I'm a little afraid due to the anti Immigrant feelings in the country now. I am white with blue eyes, as is all my relatives. Youd thing that I could get a card quickly but that is not the case any more
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Do I have to apply for citizenship????? Or is there someway I can get a copy of my card. I HAVE A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. IT IS MINE AND ALWAYS HAS BEEN.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 22 days ago.

This is attorney Bill an immigration lawyer assisting you. If you are an american citizen born abroad as you indicated then you will need proof of your citizenship to get a new SS card.

Youy birth and U.S. citizenship were registered with the U.S. Embassy or consulate. You should be contacting your consulate where you were living at the time of you got your citizenship.

Evidence of citizenship can be be got by contacting the U.S. Department of State. For more information, please see their Web site at www.state.gov.

You need to submit the following documents:

U.S. Citizenship at Birth documents to submit :

• Your foreign birth certificate listing your parent(s)
  • Your parent(s)’ evidence of U.S. citizenship
  • Your parents' marriage certificate, if applicable
  • A statement from your U.S. citizen parent(s) detailing all periods and places of their residence or physical presence in the United States and abroad before your birth.

Please contact the DOS and your Consulate for more information that will enable you get a certificate of citizenship and then your SS card.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP

PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY

GOOD TO GREAT BEFORE EXITING

THIS GIVES ME A CREDIT

BEST

BILL

Expert:  erwin-cssm replied 21 days ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/law/a4dxz-approaching-60-years-old-here-s-problem.html).
Thank you, ***** Support Team
Expert:  Bill Attorney replied 21 days ago.

Yes, please follow up with me on your question if needed.

If this answers your question, REMEMBER TO RATE POSITIVELY NOW

THANKS

BILL