TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I need a civil rights attorney, ohio, no, I'm struggling

Customer Question

I need a civil rights attorney
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: ohio
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm struggling with a disrespectful tenant in a rental property for 8 yrs soon to be nine. I have tried to get help every where. The owner doesn't care as long as he's getting paid. This has made me mentally and physically sick.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help if I can. Do you have any specific questions? I just want to make sure that I understand what legal information you are seeking. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could I sue the property owner for the craziness and disrespect I have had to endure for the last eight years? January 3, 2017 will begin my 9th year lacking quality of life, peace, privacy. I told the owner in 2010 that there was loud music, parties, drugs being sold and he ignored my request to evict. I can no longer live with this dissension
on a daily basis.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Mr TJ I am really sick this has been a major trial and fight that I have had to endure for a long time alone. I just want to know if I can sue him.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again.

You can certainly sue the property owner. The question is, sue him for what, and can you win? Can you be more specific about what is going on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
For pain and suffering for having to endure so he could get the rent. I have lived in this neighborhood/ house for 52 yrs. I have had no rights since these people got here. I have to go along with it all or get myself in trouble. I just want to live in peace in my house.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

But what have you endured?

There are two parts to any lawsuit: (1) somebody's wrongdoing, and (2) your damages. You've described your damages, but not the wrongdoing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Having to watch drug deals listen the chaotic music that comes with it, watching guys pull out their penis and take a leak on the street because she has no moral compass she is above the law and anything goes. It's a constant unrelenting noise that makes me nuts and I have called police the mayor, the police commander, you name it I have followed the letter of the law. She moves felons and ex felons in and out. I no longer go outside. I don't want to be identifiable to her friends because of my complaints and fear of retaliation.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think all the time now I should just blow myself away. I don't have a way out I have nowhere to go.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again.

I'm sorry that this is going to be bad news, but I've got to be honest with you: You haven't described any wrongdoing by the property owner. Accordingly, unless there are important facts that you haven't shared which you can prove in court, then I don't think that you'd win a lawsuit against the property owner. To win a lawsuit against the property owner, you would have to prove that she did something wrong. For example, if you believe that the tenants should have been evicted, then that means you'd have to prove that the property owner had a legal obligation to evict them. But you haven't described any such legal obligation.

My suggestion would be to move to a new location where the property owner takes your complaints more seriously. I'd be lying if I told you that you have a good case based on the information that you shared.

I am truly sorry for the bad news, but please understand that it would be unfair to you (and unprofessional of me) to provide you with anything less than an honest response. However, if your concerns were not satisfactorily addressed, then please let me know and I will be happy to clarify my answer.

Also, despite the bad news, I would certainly appreciate it if you remember to provide a positive rating via the stars, as it is the only way that I'll get credit for answering your question(s). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know I have no recourse. I never do. I just try and fail again I thank you for your time. Blessings
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

You do have recourse, and it's a lot easier than hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit. Your recourse is to simply move.

I know that searching for a new apartment and then moving all your possessions is a real pain in the butt. However, that is still easier than going to court.

In any event, I truly wish you the best. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i own my home i have lived here all my life
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I'm confused then. What is your relationship to the property owner?

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Are you talking about a neighbor who rents her house to tenants?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I see. It's certainly unfortunate when a neighbor can cause a person to feel uncomfortable in his/her own house. I misunderstood the facts earlier. I thought you were also a tenant.

While the strength of your case is still doubtful, it could be possible to sue the neighbor for allowing the tenants to cause a nuisance. You'd need to prove that the tenant's conduct causes a nuisance such that you do not have quiet enjoyment of your property, and then prove that the property owner was aware and did nothing about it. It would probably be worthwhile contacting your local bar association for a real estate attorney. It's possible that the threat of a lawsuit from an attorney, or a lawsuit itself, could scare the property owner enough to take action against her tenants. After all, she doesn't want to have to defend against that type of lawsuit because it could cost her thousands of dollars in fees even if she were to win.

I suggest you contact one of the programs found here: http://www.ohiolegalservices.org/programs/ohio-lawyer-referral-programs-1

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

You are quite welcome. Thank you for using this service, and please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so it is much appreciated!). Thank you. :)

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, and you haven't yet rated me, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i give up nothing i can do tired of trying. Happy New Year to you.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 2 months ago.

I understand, and I wish you the best. Please remember to rate me so that I receive credit for answering your questions. And Happy New Year to you as well. :)