INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

I have recently lost a civil case and i am in the proces of

Customer Question

Hello. I have recently lost a civil case and i am in the proces of appel. With no warning at all the other parties attorney had my car taken away and then this morning took every penny out of my checking and savings accounts and then did the same to my wife and son.
My question is how can one man take everything away from me? I have done everything the court has orderd me to do and now i have nothing.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 months ago.
The conduct is outrageous. You can ask the court to vacate these levies for lack of notice and merit to the garnishment.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please let me know if that is acceptable and feel free to reply back and follow up
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your responce. I appreciate the help. Is this leagle for him to do and how can i stop him from taking anything else. What if he goes after my wifes car, he just ths afternoon took my sons tuition fund!
If i file BK will this help?

It is not legal. You can ask the court to enjoin and undo what has been taken. Bankruptcy can wipe out all personal claims including judgments, debts etc.

You are very welcome.

Happy new years to you and yours.

Kindly take a moment to click on a 5 star rating.