Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was wondering if the person was able to get the stay on

Customer Question

I was wondering if the person was able to get the stay on tje 5 fay sherriffs notice to vacate becabecaim in the same situsituation L.A. county
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ca
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes i got a red letter notice to vacate by jan 4 by sherriffs department
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If i can be sent the same links
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A stay on a 5 day notice is very hard to obtain unless you have some good cause for the court to consider. Even if they do grant a stay, it typically will not be more than an additional 5 days and you will need to file in court on Tuesday as soon as you can. This is something you need an attorney typically to represent you on. However, here are the forms, if there already has been an order of eviction, https://www.stanct.org/sites/default/files/UD_ExParte_Stay_of_Execution_Packet.pdf
IF you only just received the 5 day notice of unlawful detainer, then you need to go to court and get form UD-105 answer to unlawful detainer and file it with the clerk and a hearing will be set
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.