LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

I just received an email about a lady who is 82 yrs. old and

Customer Question

I just received an email about a lady who is 82 yrs. old and wants to give me 10 million dollars and to contact her attorney***@******.***, is this a hoax
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in Florida but don't know where the email came from
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I don't know anything but just the email I just received
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 4 months ago.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. I am sorry to say but it is a scam. Do not respond. Do not give them any personal information. If you do, they will ask you for money and trick you and leave you with nothing. You will not see any money and you will be taken advantage of. These scammers prey on others, by promising money and will only take advatnage of them. The email is spam and it sent to hundred of thousands of people, in hopes that someone replies.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I received an email today from an elderly lady 82 Mrs. Helene Smith saying she wants to give me 10 million dollars, she does not want it to go to her greedy family and she gave me the name of the lawyer to contact***@******.*** and gave me a group of numbers to give to him, is this a hoax

Yes, please see above, as I responded.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!