Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

My fiance is being hold on new york airport, until i have in

Customer Question

My fiance is being hold on new york airport , until i have in my hands the bonus he is going to get which is 125.000 how can i tell that transaction is real ?
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Dont know
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: All i know im getting in touch with his friend about all this
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

It's not real. This is an extremely common scam. Airports do not hold people hostage. When someone owes money, either their goods are confiscated or they're sent a bill. If he committed a crime, he would be taken to jail and then taken before a judge. There is no legitimate scenario where someone would be held at the New York airport until you showed up and paid cash - unless he has been kidnapped. If that's the case, contact the local police and the Transit Authority. But there is still no reason to send cash.

If you have any further information that you think would help me provide you a different answer, I'm happy to hear it. But the little you've said is consistent with a scam that happens every single day.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. If I did not address the specific thing that you wanted to know, it may not have come across clearly to me, so please restate that question. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.