Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was tricked into signing an irrevocable power of ATTORNEY

Customer Question

Hi! I was tricked into signing an irrevocable power of ATTORNEY BY HIM & HIS LAWYER IN Chicago. I LIVE IN cOLORADO. iT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR TAX MEDIATION UNTIL OUR MOTHERS WILL WAS CLEARED. hE HAS ABUSED HIS POWER, LIED TO ME, SAYING "IT MEANT NOTHING" BEFORE I SIGNED IT.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: It's in Illinois, and I live in Colorado. They handed me a piece of paper to sign and would not give me copies of anything. They also told me that I was not allowed to change lawyers due to the ax mediation, which I have paid off 2 years ago.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes, I found a irrevocable POA that was forged and the IRS rejected it. They then made an appr. w/ their attorney in Chicago, telling me it was a family reunion.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After he got the irrevocable POA, our mother died. He then had credit cards made up for the 3 of them with our deceased mothers name on top, and loaded them with my inheritane money. They also have had nothing to do with me for my whole life. They became mentally abusive and treated me like I'm retarded, which of course I'm not.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,