Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I live in Josephi, Josephine County. I understand that I

Customer Question

I live in Josephi
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Josephine County. I understand that I must be prepared to prove that the defendants are not in active military service, otherwise any judgement will be denied. I have the birth dates of the decendants, bug I cannot get access to thei Social Security numbers, which is required to get a certificate of proof of non-active service. I have been informed
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: That the judgement will be denied. Is tbere any other way 9
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I don't want to file the claim u less there is a possibility of getting a judgement through.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You do not need to verify it with the military, so you do not need to have their SSN. The declaration of non-military service requires you to only declare to the best of your knowledge they are not active duty military, it does not require you to do a complete background check with social security numbers to verify. You file a declaration that to the best you know they are not active duty and if they dispute that then the defendants have to present proof that they are active duty. That is all that is required to get a judgment.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.