Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I need to know if I can sue a auction that took my money and

Customer Question

I need to know if I can sue a auction that took my money and refuse to give me the car or my money back because I came one day late
JA: We have a 30 day refund policy so you can simply email***@******.*** and they will try to fix your problem or refund your money.
Customer: U out didn't understand my question
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Nv Las Vegas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No I bid on a car that I won
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No They do have a 48 hour policy To pick up a cr Car
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had a down payment of $150 on a truck that cost $700 at auction. The Auction refused to give me the truck or give me money back because they had it on there contract that they will take the deposit and the truck.if I didn't pick up the car on time.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

The problem that you have is that you accepted their rules of the auctioneer when you bid at the auction sale. There is probably a reasonable business reason for the requirement that property be picked up within two days, it would hardly seem worth it to file suit over $150. The court filing fee would be almost that much, and you have no guarantee that the judgment would be in your favor. If the truck has not been sold yet, I would think the auction would like to sell it and perhaps make an additional $50 from you on doing so. Why don't you try that.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would love a 5 star rating. If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.