Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am screwed!! I got a DUI last night. Refused field

Customer Question

Hi. I am screwed!! I got a DUI last night. Refused field sobriety tests. BAC .086/.086
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Pinellas County FL
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I got the DUI at 12:02 this morning. I have been seeking legal advice. Have not retained anyone yet. I am afraid of fees and costs.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was pulled over for allegedly speeding. Was never asked, "do you know why i pulled you over"......cop immediately went to "i smell alcohol on your breath"......... that is when I shut down and said I want an attorney, I do not want to speak to you without an attorney present
Expert:  legalgems replied 5 months ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; I am glad no one was injured; what is your exact legal question please?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I need legal representation. Preferably from a person who knows the law from strictly criminal defense. NO EX COPS

I'm sorry; that's beyond the scope of this site. Let me opt out in case a FL attorney can assist you.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, as your previous contributor left.
I am afraid that the lawyers on this site are forbidden from representing anyone from this site. If you want representation, you can use the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org.
Legal representation for a DUI will run on average about $5000 and that is about what all decent DUI attorney's charge. Also, we can tell you in most cases attorneys who do DUI defense and were former law enforcement SOMETIMES make the best defense attorneys, as they are familiar with the intricate workings of the DUI law and procedures used by police so they can tear them apart on the stand if the case goes to trial.