Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I am in NJ and having issue with Ez pass I have 1000 in toll

Customer Question

Hi
I am in NJ and having issue with Ez pass I have 1000 in toll fines that I am willing to pay and they want to charge me 22 k in fees. They want to settle at 80 percent. Or suspend my registration. What can I do
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If there was an issue with EzPass and it was not your fault, you need to write an appeal letter to them explaining how this was not your fault and you should not be liable for any penalties at all. If they refuse to remove the penalties, then you can sue them in court if this was caused through their negligence and no fault of your own. However, if this was caused through your fault you need to contact them and continue to negotiate with them to reduce the penalties to something you can afford, because legally they have a right to enforce penalties and suspend drivers licenses and registrations on vehicles to enforce those penalties and if they do so then they will not reinstate you until you pay off the full amount I am afraid.
If you are having a hard time negotiating with them, then hiring a local attorney in NJ to negotiate this with them would be your only other recourse.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.