N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Experience:  attorney at self
9653905

I am a security guard. I arrested a lady for trespassing on

Customer Question

I am a security guard. I arrested a lady for trespassing on a specific property. We have 3 documented incidents including pictures regarding her trespass warnings. She was even trespassed by the police Dept. The 4th encounter we arrested her. The police took her on trespass and a warrant. She now claims we broke her face in 3 places. The booking photo doesn't reflect injury. We didn't use force. She never asked for medical attention. Does she have a case?
Expert:  N Cal Atty replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

It sounds like she does not have a good claim, but any claim should be reported to your insurer even if it is fraudulent. We don't know what happened after the booking photo was taken, but since it was taken after she was no longer in your custody, whatever happened after the photo was taken is not your responsibility.

I hope this information is helpful.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They did provide Dr notes from the jail doctor. She told him that we drug her to the ground and drug her across the pavement. The doctors notes stated that he didnt feel any crestations or deformalities in which is present during a facial fracture. He did note visible bruising on the left eye and left chin area. The police officers both did not notice injuries when transporting her. It wasn't even put in the police report that she has injuries. By law they have to offer medical and note injuries in the report if it's present.

For all we know she inflicted the injuries, if any, on herself after the booking photo was taken. It sounds like a meritless claim.