INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

What r my rights as far as being dismissed as a patient,

Customer Question

What r my rights as far as being dismissed as a patient
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ala
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes i was dismissed without proper notificTion and never was asked to sign Ny paperwork or given help w finding another doctor .i was suffering from recurrent staff infection
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I asked for a second opinion because the stFf infection kept coming back and i was very concerned esp.since the doctor never even did a culture of the sore on myeg in fact she never acknowleged the wound just gave me a broad spectrum antibiotic.i was told that because i asked for a copy of my records to be sent to another doctor that i was let go from the practice.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I was told this by assistant staFf member over the phone when i called to ask about my follow up appt.i still hVe the full conversation on tape.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Dismissal without proper notice and ease in transition to ensure no interruption in care is actionable.

I can suggest some options for pursuing a case, would you like that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

will do, give me a minute'

I am sorry this happened. I will do the following: 1. suggest options for pursuing a case 2. preparation tactics 3. way to find a local lawyer if you still wish to involve one but can save on fees by following steps 1 and 2You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved! A lawyer letter alone can often bring about a settlement as the other side realizes that you are serious and gets concerned about its risk and legal fees.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Clarify
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How does the 7day trail work

If you signed up for that you have a trial period to ask questions. rating me positively just helps make sure that I get credit by the website.

Kindly take a moment to rate me positively, thank you.

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Happy holidays.