Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I was pulled over for expored tags and no car insurance

Customer Question

JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: i was pulled over for expored tags and no car insurance because i has teo strokes last year my memory isnt what it was i forgot my court date and never recieved courtesy notice of how much everything is.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: a bench warrant was issued i called te courthouse and said that i would have to reschedule and show up for the court to remove but if i go to the courthouse can they still arrest me
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

If you appear the Bench Warrant will be removed. You received the Bench Warrant for your "Failure to Appear." The purpose of the warrant is to get you to appear before the judge. If you do not appear voluntarily you are subject to arrest. The police will NOT come to find you however. Rather they will act on the Warrant if you happen to be stopped for something else. When they check the system they will see the warrant and place you under arrest.

Generally your best bet is to turn yourself in. When you do you are most often released either with low or no bail. But if you do not and significant time goes by you may be held at much higher bail.

Of course it would be better to have an attorney assist you with this. But in any case trying to avoid or ignore this would be a mistake.

You were wise to contact the court. Make arrangements to appear before the magistrate as soon as possible.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald