Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

CAN A cONDO OWNER SUE HMO/BOARD FOR NEGLIGENCE SUE FOR WATER

Customer Question

CAN A cONDO OWNER SUE HMO/BOARD FOR NEGLIGENCE SUE FOR WATER COMING INTO CONDO WINDOW THAT WAS INSTALLED BY B AND CEILING..AND NOT REPAIR..HAD LOSS OF TV/WET CARPET AND MOLD GROWING..WHICH HAS BEEN ON-GOING FOR 3-4 MONTHS
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state the association is in?
Customer: SC
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: YES FOR 3-4 MONTS..BOARD NOR HMO GROUP WILL NOT ADDRESS..SAYING WILL LOOK INTO IT..I HATE WHEN IT RAINS AND HOPE NOT COME IN AGAIN..
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: THE BOARD AND HMO MGR..KNEW ABOUT IT..AND STILL NOT DONE A THING TO STOP WATER FROM COMING INSIDE CONDO SIT AND PRAY EVERY TIME IT RAINS..ALSO HAS MOLD UNER WINTER WHERE IT CAME IN..
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 days ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the condo board had the windows installed and they were installed improperly and thus caused damage to your property, then they are liable for all of the damages including repair of the window, the water damage and remediation of the mold as well. You can sue them for all of those damages caused.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.