Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have been the victim of a fraudulent auto repair shop in

Customer Question

Hi, I have been the victim of a fraudulent auto repair shop in Fort Lauderdale. My insurance company payed the business $10,000 and the work is not completed properly. Geico says they won't pay any more to fix the car. Not sure what to do.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Florida
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm on the phone with geico
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh, sorry. I am done with Geico now. I am wondering what legal option I have against the body shop who was paid $10,000 by Geico and now the car has a whole laundry list of major problems with the work that was done.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I'm not sure I understand.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

I'm not sure what you mean by "what legal option I have against the body shop"? The only thing in the legal system is to write them a demand letter and then if they don't pay to sue them in a lawsuit. However, I'm sure you knew that already so if you can rephrase your question I can probably answer it. I have a great deal of experience in litigation.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I need to find out how much it will cost for a reputable body shop to fix the approximately 20 things that were not done correctly.

You're correct as far as getting evidence together. You need someone to look at the vehicle and then to look at the estimate the other shop did and whatever paperwork you have and then tell you what they did or did not do correctly. You may want to go ahead and find your lawyer because they may have someone who they like to use for this type of thing.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to www.lawyers.com and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Geico is going to recommend a body shop to look at the car and determine how much it will cost to make the necessary repairs. Let me see what the other body shop says.

That is a good next step but if they don't help then you proceed with your lawyer.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.