Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I've just become P.O.A. for my brother who's on SSI. He and

Customer Question

I've just become P.O.A. for my brother who's on SSI. He and his wife recently moved here to Tn. Need to change his address, ask questions re: benefits, etc. Is P.O.A. all I need to do that? How do I contact, send copy of P.O.A.s (healthcare and general)? ***** *****
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not sure what you mean
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't think so but this is new to me and don't want to make mistakes that will cost him time or benefits. Thanks
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Expert:  Barrister replied 13 days ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Need to change his address, ask questions re: benefits, etc. Is P.O.A. all I need to do that?

.

Yes, the POA basically shares his rights so you can do anything he can do on his own.

.

How do I contact, send copy of P.O.A.s (healthcare and general)?

.

If this is SSI, it is administered through the local Social Security office so you would need to contact them directly and then provide them a copy of the POA, either by mail or in person by dropping it off and then they would have legal authorization to speak with you regarding his benefits and any administrative tasks that needed to be done, like change of address.

.

.

thanks