LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Do I need a lawyer for a small claims issue? Colorado.

Do I need a lawyer for a small claims issue?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado. Someone backed into my car in a parking lot in Colorado Springs.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called 911. An officer came to the scene.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm concerned about the cost.

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Did you obtain their insurance information and file a claim?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, I did not. They said they would take care of it but they haven't and they are not answering my phone calls.

Thank you. No, you do not need an attorney for small claims court. Small claims court is set up for individuals to represent themselves. The clerk of court has the forms for you to fill out and file and you can do this, to start the process. You do want to just find out and get an estimate on the cost of repairs, so you know how much you need to ask the Judge to order, once you show they were at fault.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thank you.

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated Thank you.