Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

We moved out of an apartment last December and we were

Customer Question

Hello, we moved out of an apartment last December and we were unable to give the correct notice to the apartments even though we were on a month to month basis. With this happening we knew that we were going to owe some money but we made sure they had our new address and phone #'s and email and also called several times to try and get it squared away but they never had any answers from us until around august we received collections notices from our credit reports. I am just curious if this is something worth pursuing and if we had a leg to stand on?
JA: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?
Customer: Texas and we were contacting them January February and March but never heard anything until around August with collections issues
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Yes it is on our credit report, we still haven't heard anything from the apartments, only from collections
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Expert:  legalgems replied 7 days ago.

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

Expert:  legalgems replied 7 days ago.

So to be clear they reported delinquent rent to the credit bureau? Was the reported information accurate?