Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

If i bought a item from sears in new jersey to be delivered

Customer Question

if i bought a item from sears in new jersey to be delivered to my home in new york can i sue them in small claims court in new york
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: new york
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you can. Sears is operating in NY and all other states in the U.S. As such, you can sue them in any state in which they operate. Sears will have filed with the Secretary of State as a foreign corporation in NY. You can go online to the NYS Secretary of State web site and look up the registered agent and registered address for Sears in NY. That is who and where you will have Sears served for your suit in NY.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!