Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

My ex husband is trying to refinace the house whcih has both

Customer Question

my ex husband is trying to refinace the house whcih has both are names on it and im on the deed he lives in washington state can he do this withiut my signuture
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: georgia
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: in my divorce papers it states that I will live in the house until I die and pay him 500.00 dollars a month togo toward the mortgage
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: he thinks he can get me out of the house with and i cant spell the word im thinkimg of
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 6 days ago.

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Expert:  Richard replied 6 days ago.

Good morning. He cannot. If you are on the title, in order for the lender to get a valid lien, the lender is going to require your signature. The lender will not make a loan on the property without all titled owners consenting to the lender having a lien on the property.

Expert:  Richard replied 6 days ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (hopefully Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!